Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The 5 best series from 2016

My list today is about series. However, it is a list about series from 2016 which I watched this year and I consider good choices. As I said before, I am a binge-watching, mainly when we are considering series. My intention is not to show up my list from all times. Nonetheless, if you want to read about my general list of series of all times in Netflix, you can find it here: http://rodrigodeusdara.blogspot.com.br/2016/07/top-20-from-netflix.html.
Although during the year some new episodes from older series were launched, I am considering here only new series. Furthermore, I am not only considering series from Netflix, but also from others.
Thus, let's go see my list of favorite series from this year.

1- THE CROWN:



The series is about the early reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom who inherit the crown from her father. The story is based on real facts involving the childhood and adulthood of the queen, as well as the intrigues among important staffs from the realm.
Something interesting within the story is like Elizabeth needed to learn govern and negotiate, for instance with the prime minister (Winston Crurchill) and other more. In addiction, we can perceive clearly, how much importance and tradition concern the United Kingdom and the realm. Likely, we will have more episodes in the future. Until there, we can appreciate an awesome story on our screens this year.
I am looking forward to the next chapters.

2- STRANGER THINGS:



I remember when this series was launched I watched it in only two days. Moreover, when the last chapter wrapped up I was feeling sad because it would be necessary an entire year to wait unto the next episodes. Truly, now there is less time to wait with 2017 arriving.
It is tough to define this series, because you can find here a mix of science fiction, mystery, drama, and terror. The story is about a boy who disappear, and move all the family and the city within an odd supernatural experiment from the government. Moreover, they must confront terrifying forces and mysterious adventures to take him back.
If you love suspense either you will love it or you will be eager with the next episodes when the last chapter end up. I can not see other form if not enjoying it.

3- DIVORCE:



I do not know why, but this series pass to be very interesting when you go watching it. Whereas a family is changing the course of life with a emergent divorce, you are following a couple with the problems about betrayal, commitment, caring of children and happenings in general. It is interesting to see as this series can portrait the live of the married couples that fall out of love. It is a reality lived for a big deal of people around the world.
Regardless the bad situation portrayed here, we can have a good time watching this funny and hilarious story with two different human beings in essence, but that seem to love each other beyond the troubles.

4- THE GET DOWN:



The series seems to represent a lot in a historic context, because present important changes in the city of New York during 1977. The scenario is Bronx living with big social and economical problems, during the rise up of hip-hop and the fall of disco music. Furthermore, the story is about people living there during this time, and having to survive in this chaotic situation, the rivalry among gangs, the dispute with spray bottles, and most important, the hip-hop manifestation and the growth of the groups supporting this sort of music.
Therefore all the ingredients presented converge to a wonderful story, fantastic scenarios and a plot that can grab your attention during the whole series. Even though some people do not appreciate hip-hop, it still worth to be watched because "The Get Down" goes beyond the music. It is a cultural and temporal art.

5- GLITCH:



This Australian series was the toughest choose, because I had others to consider. Why it here then? Firstly, because I love stories about resurrection and the mystery involving it. See other series in: http://rodrigodeusdara.blogspot.com.br/2015/06/resurrection.html. Secondly, because even though some people can disagree, this is a good production with good actors - consider that the actors are from Australia and not from Hollywood. And finally, because when I began watching it, I was not waiting big surprises, but step by step I was being convinced about the plot and the series in a general sense. So, I am now looking forward to the new episodes. 

Thus, these are my five new favorite series from 2016. All of them will carry on soon. As I ever said, I am looking forward to the new episodes, and excited with new possibilities in 2017. I love series. Therefore, God bless new productions. Best regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment